Cayambe volcano climbing
Cayambe volcano climbing in 2 days
Volcano Cayambe is the 3rd highest volcano in Ecuador (5,790m high). It is located in the Cayambe – Coca Ecological Reserve in the Cordillera Oriental of the Andes, 70km north-east of Quito. Cayambe is the highest point in the world crossed by the Equator line.
Day 1. Cayambe Refuge 4600 m (Ruales Oleas)
Day 2. Cayambe Summit 5790m
Day 1: Quito 2800 m – Cayambe refuge 4600 m
Leaving Quito at about 9:00am in our private transportation, we will reach the altitude of 4,400m. We will then start our hike with all our equipment up to the refuge located at 4,600m. After a quick rest and lunch, we’ll go to the glaciers where our guide will give us all the details and tips about the climb (how to use the equipment, how to walk on the glacier and what we would do in any type of emergency). We will then go back down to the refuge to eat dinner and rest for the night. -/L/D
Day 2: Cayambe Summit 5790m – Quito
We will wake up at midnight, eat breakfast and get ready for our climb. We will start the climb at 1:00am, and it will take us approximately 5 to 6 hours (depending on weather conditions) to get to the summit; where we can enjoy some of the most beautiful views in the world. We will then go back down to the refuge; once we arrive we will pack up our equipment, go back to our car and go back to Quito. B/L/-
Included meals: B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=dinner BL= Box Lunch
Services included in the prices:
- Ecuadorian qualified and experienced local Mountain Guide (ASEGUIM/UIAGM) ratio 2 climbers -1 guide)
- Technical mountain equipment (crampons, ice axe, harness, helmet)
- Land transportation and transfers
- Cayambe Oleas Ruales Refuge 1 night
- All meals during the hikes and climbs (shown above with B: Breakfast, BL: Box lunch and D: Dinner)
- Personal mountain gear (warm cloths, sleeping bags, sun glasses, head lamp, etc.)
- International flight tickets
- Hotel in Quito
- Insurance of any kind
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Other non-specified expenses
- Sleeping bag comfort zone -5°C (41°F) (rent for $10), big and small back pack (rent for $10), camelback type vessel for water, water, inside polar gloves, energy drinks and snacks, camera,sun cream, head lamp (rent for $10), warm walking trousers, sunglasses, puffer jacket or similar Wool hat, walking sticks, face mask, Large rucksack (50-70 liter) (only needed to transfer gear from the bus drop off at the Cotopaxi base up to the refuge)Reasonably day pack(35 liters) (needed from the refuge to Cayambe summit to accommodate plenty of water, crampons, warm gear including puffer jacket etc)
Prices & Dates
In Ecuador you can Climb all year, but these are the seasons
June to August / December to January
February to May / September to November
Ecuador is a fantastic destination that offers plenty of options for travel lovers. Galápagos and amazon Jungle are part of this amazing land.
Dates & Prices: To be determined / Contact us! ✓
Trip-code: Number ►Ec-1981
Minimal: 2 Maximal: 12
Country / Location:
Other dates / additional info: Contact us!
EZZ - Single room supplement
On this trip, places are still available.
On this trip, only a few places left.
This trip is sold out / closed.